Hey guys, here goes our second recipe for you – our cherry crumble cake.
Even though I am more a chocolate cake kind of person, I have to admit this cherry cake is definitely worth preparing and eating it! 🙂
The first part of the recipe refers to making the cherry cake and the second part is for making the crumb topping. A Crumb topping is not obligatory, but the cake feels simply unfinished without it, as it adds some crunchiness.
Preparation and baking time:
Cca. 60 minutes!
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of flour
- 125 g of butter
- 90 g of powdered sugar
- 250 g cherries (with the pits)
- A pinch of salt
- A quarter of a bag of baking powder (approx. 3.75 gr)
- A pinch of lemon zest
- Pit the cherries;
- Mix the butter with the powdered sugar until it becomes a creamy mixture;
- Mix each egg individually into the mixture until a homogen mixture is formed;
- Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture and mix until a homogen mixture is formed;
- Pour the mixture into a baking form and cover with cherries (without pits);
- Add the crumb mixture equally on the top (recipe below);
Ingredients for crumb topping:
- 100g flour
- 100g butter
- 75g of powdered sugar
- Cinnamon powder (as desired)
Pour all together with your hands until the mixture becomes crumble. Add on the top of the cake.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 220°C for 30-40 minutes depending on how crunchy you want your cherry crumble cake to be;
8. Serve with love 🙂
This cake is perfect for enjoying the hot summer days (Add a little extra: whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream) !
Let us know if you liked this recipe and if you want to see our recipe for the chocolate souffle then just click here.
Bon apetit and you’re welcome!